Admitting your child into a substance abuse treatment program at New Beginnings is the first step to a healthier, happier life for both of you. That being said, it can be a long and difficult process. Here are a few things to expect during the rehab process.
Upon arrival, your teen will receive a handbook that outlines the following:
- Treatment schedule, rules and programs
- Personal expectations throughout their substance abuse treatment
- Daily activities
Family will also receive a copy of this handbook to ensure that all parties are on the same page during their child’s substance abuse treatment.
In addition to a copy of the patient handbook, each family will also receive a handbook that includes the following:
- An explanation of the treatment process their loved one will be expected to follow
- Resources explaining the addiction and recovery process
- Expectations for the involvement of the family members in their loved ones’ treatment